The Sabine Parish Chamber of Commerce is a volunteer organization that promotes and supports the civic and commercial progress of Sabine Parish. The Chamber is primarily financed by the investment of its members. We have proudly served this area since 1947.
The Chamber serves the area’s business community through our many business service programs, committees, and events. We continually strive to find new and added ways to serve our members.
Committees participate in industrial surveys and in efforts to attract new industries and businesses to the area.
The Sabine Parish Chamber of Commerce also provides help to small businesses and communities through Community Grants and Revolving Loan Programs. More information on this can be found under the ENGAGE tab on the website.
The Chamber holds fundraising and other types of events each year. Some of our current and recent events include the Crappie Rodeo, Leaders for Little Trash Pickup, Spring Banquet/Awards Ceremony, and our partnership with Northwestern State University and the Demons United activities.
Our Mission Statement
“To STRENGTHEN the business climate, PROMOTE community development, and ENHANCE the economic vitality of the region.”
How We Work
- Board of Directors – This is the policy-making body of the Sabine Parish Chamber of Commerce. Its members represent the business and professional leadership of the community. The Board consists of eighteen members. The President of the Chamber presides over all meetings of the Board.
- Executive Committee – The Executive Committee consists of five members. It exercises the powers of the Board between those times when Board meetings are held.
- Committees – A committee system is the most effective means of harnessing energies and abilities of volunteer workers. The committees are responsible to the Board of Directors and report to the President.
National Mission Statement
“To advance human progress through and economic, political and social system based on individual freedom, incentive, initiative, opportunity, and responsibility.”
Sabine Parish Chamber of Commerce Organization
The officers will consist of four persons, president, vice president, Treasurer, past president. Treasurer does not have to be one of the 18 board seats because the treasurer is normally filled over multiple years. Past president does not have to be one of the 18 board seats.
Board of Directors
The board consists of 18 seats. The Board is the policy-making body of the Sabine Parish Chamber of Commerce. Its members represent the business and professional leadership of the community. The President of the Chamber presides over all meetings of the Board.
There are four standing committees, Advocacy, Events, Membership, Communication. Standing committees are appointed by the Board at the beginning of each year. Committee members do not have to be a current Board member. Officers are ex officio members.
- Advocacy – Find ways for the Chamber of Commerce to be a voice for Chamber members, especially to the government and help find the people who can solve problems.
- Events – Research and develop events (social, educational, fundraising, etc.) that give value to Chamber membership and find the people who can make those events successful.
- Membership – Identify new and existing businesses that are not chamber members, and turn them into members. Re-imagine the benefits of Chamber membership.
- Communication – Develop strategies that allow the Chamber to exchange information with our members and the public.